The Building Inspector has the responsibility and requirement to perform the inspections listed below, but the applicant must notify the Building Inspector for the inspections:
1. Foundation Footings BEFORE the pouring of concrete.
2. Foundation BEFORE backfill
3. Septic System BEFORE backfill. Be sure there is adequate water to test the level of the distribution box.
4. Plumbing, heating, framing and electrical BEFORE closing in framework. Electrical inspections are conducted by a third party inspector.
5. Prior to any occupancy, final inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is required. BEFORE residing in the dwelling a CO must be obtained, there are no exceptions.